Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Falling off the wagon, well, sort of...

So, on the weekend, I had the closest I've been to falling off the wagon. And really, I have not entirely gotten back on. I am still exercising every day (up to 94 days now!!), and I'm still watching what I eat, but I haven't been religiously documenting my eating. On the weekend, we had a couple of family functions and that entailed Chinese food, and treats from the Avenue Cakery and Bakeshoppe in Airdrie (oh so yummy!!). And, although I did fine with portion control for the most part, I know I had a few more treats than I should have. And, then, we had lots of leftovers from the cakery. Needless to say, I didn't want those to go to waste, so over the next few days, I continued having more treats. This is a little counterproductive for weightloss. I even managed to be 2 pounds heavier. This is not so good!! Now, all the treats are gone, but I am still craving sugar big time. This is not so good!!

Worse though, I haven't been tracking my calories. This is not a good move on my part. And for the most part, the weight has been unchanged, I'm sure, in part because I'm eating more to maintain my weight rather than lose weight. So, I need to get back to tracking my eating again. It's so easy to do and with the iPhone, I really have no excuse not to. And if I want to continue to lose weight, then it is something I must do. I'm less than 10 pounds away from being a "normal" weight for my height. My journey won't end there, but I at least want to get there!!

Jeremy figures we need to finally get the swimsuits that were our reward for losing the weight we already had. So yesterday, he went and got his, and today had an awesome swim in his new suit. I still need to get mine!! So perhaps that will be the goal for this weekend... go and try swimsuits on... hmmmmm... not seeing that as truly feeling rewarding...

No comments:

Post a Comment