Monday, April 2, 2012

An all around amazing run...

So today I went out on a run. My oldest was in school, and I had just dropped off my youngest at preschool, so I had some time on my hands, and some miles to get in. My day started with a little link from CTV Olympics with a montage of some amazing Canadian athletes heading to the 2012 Olympics. It was a great little clip (literally, it was only 30 seconds). And in the background was playing, Invincible by Hedley. It was perfect. It inspired me. Here it is in case you want to check it out:



So, I set out. I was wearing some tights and a shirt from MEC and my favourite running socks from SUGOI. I didn't find my sports buds so only had my phone with me. I ended up just playing this same song on repeat, but it was just perfect. Listening to Invincible, by Hedley, I ran and ran. The scenery was great. I was was running on the University of Calgary pathways, and then soon enough was running past Ronald McDonald House and the Children's Hospital. Of course this always reminds me of the many appointments we've attended there for my little one. And then in the distance, I see the mountains. It's an incredible backdrop. The run was fabulous. Truly. I put in 1 hour and 23 minutes. Didn't really have much more time as I had to be back at the school picking up my son shortly after. And the speed wasn't anything to brag about, but I ran 11.19km. I was consistent. I was happy. My body was happy, and after a few runs last week and another long ride, I feel like I'm where I need to be.

Next up is the Calgary Police Half. It's not very far away now, and really, I could stand to have put in a few more runs, but, we are, where we are, and I will work with what I've done, and what I will do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment