Friday, November 22, 2013

Fitness Challenge: 1 week done

So the fitness challenge officially began on November 15th, and then starting on November 17th, the week one challenge rolled out. And, yikes, it was called revving the engine, and the challenge was 500 each of sit-ups, push-ups and squats. That was definitely a tall order, especially given I haven't been doing a whole lot of anything lately. Needless to say, I had my work cut out for me.

In the beginning, I tried to do full body push-ups, but it was just a little more than I was capable of, so I resorted to the girl version and was doing the push-ups from my knees, not my toes. And as for the sit-ups, I started doing them old school, and quickly moved to the exercise ball as I was finding them a bit too tough on my back. Let me tell you though, even with these modifications, wow, that was a lot of repetitions. I am happy to report though, that I am now finished them. Most days I broke it down into 4 sets of 25 each. With the push-ups, I ended up breaking those down into 15 and then 10 most of the time. Seriously. It was a lot to ask of me. Today, my arms, abs and legs are still a bit stiff, but the first week challenge is done!!

Weight is down two pounds from last week, so that is progress. I haven't been tracking my eating, but I have been very aware of my eating and made mostly good choices all week. Some meals are tricky to track and so I just didn't put forth the effort I should have. I will keep working on this, but so far, I'm happy with that progress. I also got in some cardio as well. And, I signed onto Strava. There might be some motivation there as well.

So now, I will look onwards to what week two has to offer. I'm excited to hear, even if the challenge might seem impossible. Hey, so did this week's but breaking it down, it was achievable, so there is hope!!

No comments:

Post a Comment