Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Still alive, really...

I have a confession to make. My husband got me an iphone. It's fantastic. I spend way less time on the computer, because I'm now spending that time on the iphone. When I am feeding the baby, I get time to read blogs, facebook, check emails, but don't need to be on the computer to do it. So, it keeps me off the computer, but it keeps me from updating my blogs regularly as well.

Luckily, I have still managed to fit in my running and exercise most days. I am very proud of that, since I'm sure the immediate guess is that I fell off the wagon and haven't wanted to admit it. I can say that I haven't been perfect, especially on the eating side, but I am very much still on the wagon for the most part. As a matter of fact, I even just checked my weight and if you can believe it was at 187.2 (84.91kg). So, I am still headed in a downward direction.

I attribute most of my success to exercise. I made myself a poster. It is counting down the weeks until the half marathon in the Okanagan in October (less than 11 weeks now, in case you were wondering). The poster is working out pretty well for me. Most wees I am able to colour in at least 4 squares (I have up to five a week). I made it through all the hills too. Now I'm onto speed work before the 10km in two weeks. It's coming together. My hope is that I will break an hour for the 10km. I don't know if I will or not. I will try my best. That is what I am aiming for. If I don't make it, I have another race in September and I could try then as well. Maybe it's a silly goal, but it's something that's important to me and I've been putting forth a lot of effort to reach that end. So, we'll see, stay tuned... only time will tell... but next time, I'll tell you about what has been really working for me lately with exercise... aside from just plain running...

No comments:

Post a Comment